What is L-Theanine? L-Theanine is an amino acid primarily found in tea leaves, particularly green tea. It is known for its potential calming and neuroprotective properties.
What does it do when consumed? Upon consumption, L-Theanine can cross the blood-brain barrier and positively influence brain function. It has been linked to an increase in alpha brain waves, which are associated with a state of "wakeful relaxation" - alertness combined with relaxation and mental clarity. This improves attention, focus, and cognitive performance. L-Theanine may also exert anti-anxiety effects by modulating certain neurotransmitters and reducing physiological responses to stress.
L-Theanine Capsules: Each vegetable based capsule provides an effective dose of 200mg of the highest quality L-Theanine.
- Kimura, K., et al. (2007). "L-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses." Biological Psychology.
- Hidese, S., et al. (2019). "Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial." Nutrients.
- Rao, TP., et al. (2015). "In Search of a Safe Natural Sleep Aid." Journal of the American College of Nutrition.
- White, DJ., et al. (2016). "Anti-Stress, Behavioural and Magnetoencephalography Effects of an l-Theanine-Based Nutrient Drink: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial." Nutrients.
- Nobre, AC., et al. (2008). "L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state." Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
With its origins in nature, L-Theanine has gained popularity due to its ability to promote a sense of relaxation and mental clarity, making it a sought-after supplement for those seeking a natural way to manage stress, enhance cognitive function, and achieve a state of balanced energy.
|Serving size: 1 Veg Capsule|
|Per 1 Veg Capsule||% NRV|
|† NRV not established|
Anxiety Or Depression: Take 1 Capsule in the morning or afternoon, prior to when the condition typically starts.
Sleep: Take 1 to 2 Capsules a minimum of 1 hour prior to sleep.
Focus, Concentration and Mental Acuity: Take 1 to 2 Capsules a minimum of 1 hour prior to the required event.
Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Seek your doctors approval prior to use if taking any medications or suffering from any medical condition. Side effects may include nausea or headache.